Wednesday, February 20, 2008

California

Here I am stuck out here at Ft Hunter Ligget near Salinas California. Once I got here we have been going non stop ever since. Internet access is very poor here but I did find somebody’s un-protected wireless service that I have been able to get on. We have nearly all the detachment here with the exception of a few of out mental health providers. As for now, there is me, Bryan Shea, Lt Coldren, and Major Goodwin, the psychiatrist for providers. We have been very busy doing soldier training on all the tasks that we will need to survive in combat. So far that has been mostly small arms training and will soon include machine guns (light and heavy), grenade launchers, and the Mark 19. After that we will do urban operations, convoy ops and others. We are also doing a lot of night firing. The training this go around has so far been much superior than what I had back in 2004. I have been able to go to the gym but I basically have to skip diner to do so. I miss everyone a lot and can't wait for my two weeks off in March.

No comments: