Friday, March 28, 2008

Our house thanks to our neighbors


Today we flew from Denver to Seattle and then rode a bus to Ft Lewis. The scenery here is beautiful but the humidity in the air makes it feel cold. It reminds me a lot of Ireland. Upon our arrival we were not surprised to see that the 1st Army has reserved only the best accommodations for the activating reservists (Joke). We are living in very old wood buildings that look like they were built sometime around the Second World War. We didn’t do much today but tomorrow we are scheduled to begin our processing, which is one of the big tasks for us at this place. Not much else to report today, I’ll write more soon. Thanks to everyone for all the support. I’ve attached a photo of what our front yard looked like after our neighbor Brian somehow got all the scout flags for our area and put them on our lawn. This was really cool and I am very grateful for our wonderful neighbors these are the types of things that make this experience easier for us.

3 comments:

cpcox99 said...

I cried when Liz told me about this. I think it's so cool! I'm glad your neighbors are so supportive. That gesture does mean a lot.

Shayla D. said...

What an awesome show of support! Please know, Rhett, how proud we are of you. You, Liz, and little Jacob are in our thoughts and prayers.

Liz said...

We have AWESOME neighbors. Thanks Brian and Nat