Everyone keeps telling me I need to start a blog, so I have decided to give little updates on life here at home on Rhett's blog. Jacob is growing like crazy. It seems like time goes so fast yet feels like forever until Rhett comes home. Jacob has 2 teeth on the bottom. He wasn't fussy so I was shocked when they broke through. I can only hope the non-fussy will continue. He is rolling over like crazy and wants to crawl. He gets up on his elbows and kick his little legs. I guess I should start thinking about baby proofing the house. We go for his 6 month check up on Monday. It is always fun to send Rhett Jacob's height and weight so he can try to imagine how big he has gotten. I am trying to be better at taking video of Jacob to send to Rhett so I can capture as much as I can on film. I cannot imagine how hard it is to miss all of Jacob's firsts.
Work is going really well. I had to cover the ER last week and while it stresses me out, it was fine. I only had to call my backup physician twice. I am enjoying the clinic and being back in primary care. I miss the free laser hair removal treatments but I really don't have that much hair left anyway. I had surgery on my hand a couple of weeks ago to remove the hardware from my fracture 2 years ago. It is healing quickly and without problems. I still have a weight restriction and cannot put myself in a position where I can fall-- does walking count?!?!? My family and neighbors have been a lifesaver while I had my surgical dressing. How do you give a 6 month old a bath when you can't get your hand wet? Thanks Natalie and Mom!!!!
Rhett is doing really well. He is moving to a new base soon so he is busy packing up all his stuff including his bike. I know he is busy and will post more soon. -Liz
2 comments:
I'm so glad you left an update, Liz! We always love to hear about how you and little J are doing, too. You didn't say anything about your hand surgery when I saw you the other day. I hope all is going well and if you need anything, please call! Remember, I only live 15 minutes away. Thanks AGAIN for seeing Mark. You have a beautiful son and can be so proud. We should get our boys together for a play date sometime. :o)
Liz, you are the wind beneath Rhett's sails, always helping him move forward. I'd dare say that you make life a whole lot easier for the rest of us too! We love you. By the way, who is this Shayla. I love reading her comments. She says just the right things--all the things I wish I could think of. Thanks for being such a great daughter-in-law. I love you.
Post a Comment