Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ali Al Saleem

After what is always an uncomfortable C-130 ride from Joint Base Balad Iraq, I am now sitting at Ali Al Saleem in Kuwait awaiting a flight to somewhere in New Jersey and then on to Colorado Springs Via commercial Airline. Not sure what they are going to say about my M-16 rifle and my 9mm pistol. I'm guessing we'll check them somehow. This place is the main gateway in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan for deployment, re-deployment, and for R and R so you see people who are always on one end of the emotional spectrum or the other. Excitement is common in those going home as is depression in those going back. If my count is right, I believe this is my 8th time in Ali Al Saleem and I have been all over the same emotional spectrum as everyone else here. This time, I feel great and am very excited to be finally going home and Insha Allah, will never be back in Iraq. I'll post more when I can.

1 comment:

Liz said...

So excited to think you are on your way home. We miss you and can't wait to see you.