Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Congratulations!!!

Hello Everyone-Liz here. I just have to take a moment and tell everyone Rhett's exciting news and give more explanation to Rhett's last posting as he is not one to brag about himself. Rhett was awarded the Bronze Star Medal. For those of you not familiar with the Bronze Star Medal:

"The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person who distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service in connection with military operations against an armed enemy; or while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. It is the fourth-highest combat award of the U.S. Armed Forces "

Congratulations Honey!!! I could not be more proud of the honorable manner for which he has served his country. It has been a trial to have him gone and there have been many sacrifices from both of us and I can only be grateful that Rhett's time in Iraq is drawing to a close. We are so excited to be a family again.

I want to say a quick thank you to all of those who have supported us. Many of you will know I am not one to ask for help so thank you to all of those who have just seen a need and helped me out. I will keep you updated as I hear of travel plans.

No comments: