These last few weeks have been a nightmare and I am very glad to be where I am now, which is counting on just a few fingers the number of days I have left in Iraq. I will shortly be traveling from Balad to Ali Al Saleem airfield in Kuwait and then on to Ft Carson Colorado as a member of the advanced party in preparation for the re-deployment of the 1835th Med Det CSC from Iraq back to home station (Aurora Colorado). Deployments are tough for everyone and I am finding that one is not necessarily easier than the next. During my first deployment, I often felt like my life was in danger due to indirect fire attacks from the enemy. I remember literally waking up and kind of being surprised that none of the mortars from the night before got me. We have only had a few close calls this time around and for that I am very grateful. During my second tour I have had a lot more administrative BS to deal with. I have also found that you win few friends as the Detachment XO and that you often carry a target on your back so to speak. As the 1835th is from Denver, we have always used the call sign "Bronco" in honor of the Denver Broncos. As the XO I carry the specifier "five." It is with great honor, satisfaction, pride, and relief that I am now able to announce: "BRONCO FIVE OUT"
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't wait to get you home!!
Hooray! We're so excited for you to get home!!
Post a Comment