Thursday, March 12, 2009

Almost Home

After an incredibly long journey, I arrived at Ft Carson Colorado on Sunday evening. After my two day stay in Kuwait, we cleared U.S. Navy Customs and boarded our long flight to Shannon Ireland and then on to some little air force base in New Jersey. We quickly traveled by bus to Philadelphia and waited at the airport for about 4 hours before flying to stand-by to Colorado Springs. Since arriving here, myself and four other unit members are doing our own de-mob tasks and preparing the way for the main body, who should be here in a couple of weeks. It's very good to be back in the U.S. and have real internet and even my cell phone for a while. Liz and Jacob will be coming out to see me here for a few days and for that I am very excited!

1 comment:

cpcox99 said...

Hooray! I know Lizzie can't wait to see you. And what great news - you're back in the states! It will be good to see you again!