Monday, August 18, 2008

No Bid Government Contracts!!!

Civilian contractors… they bothered me last time I was in Iraq and I can't stand to see them and here on Balad where they seem to be everywhere.  Can you believe that over 10,000 of them reside on the same joint base that I live on.  Here they are making their money and using up resources that I'm sure are intended for the troops.  "300" is the number that comes to mind…I don't know if it is the number of pounds the scale reads when one of them steps on it or the number of dollars in thousands that they make tax free per year.  Nothing pisses me off more than to see these jokers wearing the Army Combat Uniform (ACU) complete with the reversed U.S. flag on their right shoulder as if they had fought in combat.  I don't care if some of them are former soldiers.  They should either be current soldiers or home paying taxes to fund this so called war on terror rather than here profiting from it.  It's really fun for me to see them in the gym using the equipment so we have to wait or at the front of the line in the PX or dining facilities "stocking up."  Some play a vital role but all of them are from Uganda and armed, standing in the hot sun, providing security at the same facilities I just mentioned for $700 per month.   The rest of these KBR dip shits can go back home for all I'm concerned.  Wow, it looks like it's not only the weather that's heating up here.      

No comments: