Hi everyone,
I am writing today from Forward Operating Base Warhorse, near Baquoba Iraq. My team flew down here this morning to visit with our prevention team here and to conduct some training with them. I got to see MAJ Shea, my friend from New York who is stationed down here but will be returing to the states soon as his resignation was finally accepted. It is my job to figure out how to replace him here. The Blackhawk ride was uneventful but fun none-the less and as the sky looks more and more dusty now, I may be here longer than planned. Warhorse reminds me a lot of the old bases I remember from Iraq in 2004. Lots of bunkers and barriers and and over-all dirty feel to it. Great gym and DFAC but not much of anything else. It's seems hotter than usual today. The theatre here has a big hole in the side of it from a rocket attack but MAJ Shea tells me that they haven't had a lot of indirect fire. I plan to return to Balad soon and then it will be off to Ramadi for me, which will be a lot of fun if all goes as planned.
2 comments:
Safe Travels!!!!!
Rhett, I haven't left a comment for awhile, but I want you to know how proud we all are of you. We look forward to seeing what you're up to and really appreciate all you're doing for us! Take good care.
Post a Comment