Thursday, November 6, 2008

How do I spell Relief? It starts with an "O"

I never thought I would feel as confident as I do now that I may not
have to come back to Iraq for a third time. It finally feels like
people have come to their senses. I guess to a degree we are all one
issue people and for me that issue has been the war in Iraq. It's
hard to see my life turned upside down for so long due to other
people's decisions. What's worse is to see how it affects my wife and
son who did not "volunteer" for this. Some times I hear the
incredibly insensitive comment of "well, he joined the Army, what did
he expect" and have almost felt pity toward those who say it as they
must be so out of touch with the sacrifice of our armed forces
families. On a lighter note, our Battalion is ordering T-shirts and
for the first time I was presented with the challenge of ordering not
just the usual one large for me and one medium for Liz. This time I
ordered a youth extra small too for little Jacob. I will be proud to
see him wearing his 56th Multi-Functional Medical Battalion Operation
Iraqi Freedom t-shirt complete with the "AIRBORNE" wings on the back.
I only have two weeks or so until I go home for R and R and couldn't
be more excited. Thanks to Liz, Mom, and Sandi for regular packages
and email all the way through this horrible ordeal. I also got a
couple letters from the Olsen Boys recently and sure appreciate the
time they put into it. Frank's postcards have also been an
appreciated regular occurrence.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Cant wait to wear the t-shirt and put Jacob in his. So excited to see you. I can only hope President Elect Barack Obama will end this war resposibly and QUICKLY.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with Liz more. Sometimes changes is good and I'm praying we can end the war and get our servicemen home! I'm hoping you plan a visit to us in your R and R schedule. :o) We're proud of you and GRATEFUL for all you do.

cpcox99 said...

Go Obama! We voted for him too. We can't wait to see you when you get home!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

WE are so excited to have you home if only for two weeks. Glad to hear you are getting packages. BE SAFE, can't wait to see you with Liz and Jacob again. Love, Sandi