Well here I am stuck on another little jump I made. This time I am
back in Taji, the place where I started this God Awful deployment. I
came down with the Commander, the FOO representative, which is a story
for another time, COL House, a psychiatrist from Denver and the
Sergeant Major. The flight down was good and we were easily able to
accomplish all we came down to do, which consisted of purchasing some
items for the clinic here as well as work on some personnel issues
that have come up. Not sure I'm liking this XO (Executive Officer)
stuff. Following the completion of our business, we toured around the
base here and we also went over to the Iraqi side, which was kind of
cool. The Iraqi soldiers over there all wanted their pictures taken
with us. So we pack up and drive down to the PAX terminal for our
Blackhawk ride back to Balad only to find out that we were on weather
hold due to the dust. We waited and waited and were being told that
the mission is going to launch and that we would be able to make it
back to Balad. Well, what they say and what actually happens is
usually two different things entirely. After seven full hours of
waiting we were finally informed that our mission was cancelled. We
wearily made it back to the Taji clinic where we crashed at around
0300 this morning. Today we woke up and attempted another escape from
Taji only to find out that rainy season was starting this very day.
It rained and rained until the gravel and dirt parking lots were
nothing but lakes and there was the typical Iraqi mud that lasts until
March and guess what, no Blackhawks tonight either. As of this
posting, I'm still on weather hold and suffering from a bad attitude.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry. Hope you can get a flight soon.
Post a Comment