Things have been pretty boring around here since I last posted. We
did have some explosions today that seemed fairly close and thankfully
we're all alright. I'm somewhat busy with command issues with our
commander gone and can't wait till I can just be in charge of our
prevention services again. Saturday I apparently get to spend the day
with an embedded reporter from the New York Times. Lucky me.
Actually, I like the New York Times so I'm happy to do it. I guess
mental health services for soldiers is a popular issue again what with
the suicide rate for deployed soldiers being the highest (19 per
100,000) since the Army began measuring it back in 1981. I am
planning some trips to the other locations shortly after the commander
gets back on leave. First, SSG Kolar and I are going to visit Ramadi,
which is no pick nick to get to. We have to fly to a place called TQ,
which is by Falujah and then take a convoy from there into Ar Ramadi.
Once there, we will spend about a day and a half and then do the exact
opposite travel back here. I'm guessing I'll be gone for about 5 days
if all goes smoothly, which almost never happens.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rhett - we just wanted to say Happy Birthday! We hope you get to eat some cake today. :) Love you lots!
Post a Comment