Thank you to all for the birthday wishes and packages. I think I
actually heard from nearly everyone. I was taking the day off on my
birthday but went in around mail call time to find that three packages
had arrived for me actually on my birthday. Funny thing was that
everyone must have thought they were going to be late as all the cards
said things like "sorry this is late." Special thanks goes to Liz and
Jacob for the great package and wonderful cards. It's really touching
to see a card from Jacob addressed to: Daddy even though it is in
Liz's handwriting. Also, my mom sent me a great box full of treats
and other things. Kevin and Anna Olsen and boys sent me a box that
was much appreciated. In addition, Sandi sent me a box that had an
audio book just in time for me as I had just finished the one I was
listening to. Eric, Kim and Alix sent a box too...not sure what I'll
do with all this stuff but I can't thank you all enough. In addition
to the boxes, I received email from Elder Larsen, Carrie Cox, Sandi,
my mom, Liz, Liz's friend Molly, the Patty's, Mindy, and Shayla from
work. As if all this wasn't enough, I keep getting post cards from
Frank, which I appreciate. My birthday was going good until I
received word that as the interim commander of the 1835th I was being
summoned to brief the Battalion Commander that afternoon regarding my
plans for the embed event with the New York Times. The briefing went
well.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment