Friday, May 9, 2008
More and more of the same here in Udari Kuwait. It's getting hotter and hotter and the wind is starting to blow more, which means sand storms. We are very close to flying north. I will be traveling on the first chalk from Ali Al Saleem to Balaad as my flight from Balaad to Taji is already scheduled. My next post on the blog will almost certainly be from Iraq. I'm confident I'll have better internet and phone access in Iraq so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also looking forward to getting on with the job. Interestingly, I met some of the guys headed to Camp Buca to relieve Kip but they told me that they have been quarantined because someone was exposed to the chicken pox, which apparently is not common in this part of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, I just stubbled onto your blog, and I just wanted to say good luck on your tour. I hope it's not TOO awful, and know that some of us back here in the States will keep you in our thoughts. Thank you for what you're doing for our country!
Shannon
Rhett I think you deserve to be on the front of time magazine. I am sorry you have to be away from your family. I was able to babysit friday what a wonderful son you have. Already can't wait for you to come home. Sandi
TIME Magazine? I always knew you'd be famous! We're so proud of you, Rhett. Liz brought little Jacob by the other day. I missed him, of course, but I hear he's adorable. Take good care!
Post a Comment