Sunday, May 25, 2008

Spring time in Iraq

I took this photo yesterday right in the middle of our little CSC compound.  I can't wait for June, July and August. Today, the dust storms are back.  It looks like something out of a sci fi movie outside.  You literally can only see about 50 feet.  I guess no helicopter flights today, which makes it a good day to attack us.  It's amazing how much deterrence is provided by a few AH-64 Apaches flying around.  

4 comments:

Molly said...

I think of you often and what you are doing for us here at home... Probably more so this weekend. The importance of your role there is so evident in the stories you relate to us... They are so lucky to have you. Stay safe... and we'll keep saying prayers..

smlhero said...

I hope you know that all the things you go through to make life a little better for others does not go unnoticed. Your continued help and encouragement for your fellow servicemen and women is commendable, and I am very proud of your tenacity and persistence to do your best. I, too, appreciate your stories. Your personal sacrifices stand out as an example for all of us. While you are roasting in the heat, we are enjoying some wonderful, cool weather for the end of May. Also few of us have experienced the sand storms that are just part of your existence over there. Please remember that we do love and appreciate you and all those who are with you. We miss you everyday. Love MOM

cpcox99 said...

Oh boy it looks like it is SO hot there. Hsng in there. We appreciate what you're doing and we hope you know how much you are loved.

Anonymous said...

Our changeable Utah weather is nothing compared to the heat you're experiencing! Please know how appreciative I am of your service, not only to the soldiers you're helping in Iraq, but to all of us here at home. You are a wonderful example and truly are my hero! Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.