Here I am on day three of Kuwait I think. The days out here have the tendency of running together. Today we went to one of those Kuwaiti ranges and fired our weapons and it was pretty much the eye opening experience that I had the last time in Kuwait. It is really unlike the Garrison Army to issue each soldier a 30 round magazine and then have you ride a bus for an hour through the desert with the live rounds as well as your weapon. Everything is so controlled in the States and out here it is completely different. Yesterday we had some additional classes on IED's, electronic countermeasures, and fratricide. The fratricide class was taught by a British Royal Engineer Sergeant and it was very interesting. Tomorrow I am meeting with the prevention team OIC's and we plan to begin meeting as teams on our downtime to ready ourselves the best we can for our mission. I have very limited internet access here, which makes reading email difficult and answering them almost impossible. Once your name comes up on the wait list, you get 20 minutes on the computer and the connection is very slow. I'm certain things will improve in Iraq. No word on when we will be traveling north yet, at least none that I will say. It's starting to get hot and windy here and it reminds me more and more of the summer of 2004.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment