Thursday, April 17, 2008
Internet problems
Sorry to everyone who has been following my blog that I haven't posted in a while. We have had some internet problems and they are still not resolved completely. Over the past few days we have finished up all our convoy operations as well as our job specific tasks. This week we have been training each other on the various combat mental health stuff. My class was on unit climate surveys and needs assessments. Tomorrow we get about 6 hours with Dave Grossman, the author of "On killing" and "On Combat". Everyone says he is an excellent speaker so it should be time well spent. Today we met with our active-duty sister unit who will be covering the Baghdad area with us. It was a real eye opener for me to see just how broken the active duty army is. The 98th CSC is supposed to have the same numbers of people as we do but we were surprised to see that as of today they still have no licensed mental health clinicians. By contrast, we have 7. Not sure what they are going to do as we leave on the same plane. I know the day we are leaving as well as exactly where I'll be but of course I can't say. Thanks to everyone who emails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The National Guard will always rise to the top--that's what your dad believed. You are never far from our thoughts. Mom
I think of your everyday!
jim :)
Post a Comment