Friday, April 18, 2008

"on combat"

Yesterday’s lecture was a pretty cool experience. Dave Grossman literally spoke to us for 6 ½ hours. His ideas were interesting but it was a little too motivational/ political for me. I did buy his book so I could get it autographed. Today we have some make up classes to do and that’s about it. I see Liz and Jacob tomorrow and we plan to spend the next four days just the three of us in Seattle. Following our returning from leave we will be leaving the country very soon. The teams were finalized yesterday and I couldn’t be happier with the way mine worked out. I’m going to be leading a prevention team of five, which includes myself, two mental health specialists, an occupational therapist and his assistant. We have one fully trained and very experienced combat medic with us who we hope not to need. As soon as I arrive in theatre I’ll say more about the area we will be responsible for. It looks like we will have over 25,000 soldiers in and around our base. I’m expecting to be pretty busy.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Cant wait to see you tomorrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are with a good group!

cpcox99 said...

I'm glad that you're happy with your team. Hopefully that will make it easier once you're in country. I'm glad that you'll have some time with Lizzie and adorable Jacob (we just love him to pieces!) this weekend. Have fun! I know Liz can't wait to get there!