Monday, April 28, 2008

More Internet Problems

We’ve had internet problems again. Basically, we have no internet connection where we are living but there is a small coffee shop next to one of the px’s that broadcasts a wireless connection so if you sit outside with your laptop, you can connect. With the Washington weather, you usually don’t have long before it rains. Last night we all went to the Mariners Oakland A’s game, which was a lot more fun than I expected. The Mariners won but only just. We also had about three more hours to spend in down-town Seattle. The day before, we went on a whale watching trip (emphasis on watching not finding) out off the coast of a place called Westport. We rode around in the boat for over an hour and never saw a whale. We did see a lot of ducks, seagulls, and seals and it was nice to experience the pacific northwest wind and rain once more before going to the world’s hottest place, Kuwait. It looks like there will be a few more changes to my location and assignment. I have been appointed the OIC (Officer In Charge) of all of our prevention teams, which is about half our detachment. This means that my own prevention team will be located in Ballad near the unit HQ. I’ll probably travel around to all the locations to check up on the teams and help them when needed. We’ll see if I’m up to the task.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I can't think of anyone more up to the task. I am so proud of you!! I miss you