Today I spent most of the day learning the Army's computer system for documenting combat casualty care. For the most part it was pretty informative and a little above my head as it was all system administrator stuff. For lunch, the seven of us decided to go over to the PX facility where they have a food court of sorts. After eating, I was walking around the main PX just looking at stuff almost as if I wasn't in the active duty Army. At some point in the electronic section, a middle age man walked up to me, stuck out his hand and said "Sir, I was with the 1st Infantry Division in Viet Nam. Welcome Home"! After shaking his hand, I said "welcome home" to him even though he has probably been home for over 35 years. It means a lot to me to be accepted by the old school vets like this and it means a lot to the Viet Nam guys to hear "welcome home" as so many of them never got that when they came home. I'm very proud to wear my 1st Infantry Division Combat Patch and I'm reminded of all the brave Big Red One soldiers from Omaha Beach to Iraq. Take a minute to watch the clip
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great clip. It inspired me to get through another day.
Thanks to all who take a minute to thank a stranger in uniform for his/her mighty sacrifice.
That was a very cool video. Thank you for the reminder to thank the soldiers around us. I know how much you and so many other men are sacrificing to serve. THANK YOU! We love you!
Post a Comment